Buying Christmas gifts for men is hard work. If there’s a man in your life, there’s no doubt a secret stash of unwanted Christmas gifts hidden somewhere. The golf calendar from his mum, the expensive watch from his partner that isn’t his style, the nifty gadget his uncle thinks is cool.
So, the big deal at Flemington this year was the relaxing of the men's dress code. Going without socks is now permitted. Well done Flemington and the VRC for staying up-to-date with the latest fashion trends.
It was great fun to see the stylish gents showing off their stuff, both in the birdcage and general administration sections.
Here's our tip picks for the best dressed of the carnival.
1. Don’t buy acrylic jumpers. They pull. Get quality.
2. Your tie should sit at your belt buckle. Donald Trump wears them overlong: avoid.
3. Speaking of ties, learn how to do a proper Windsor knot.
4. Cufflinks make everything look classier.
5. Women notice your shoes, so make them noticeable for the right reasons.
6. Get suit pieces altered. The right fit is everything.
7. Short sleeve shirts are (generally) a no-go.
The man has suave in spades. His appeal goes beyond his good looks. Many attractive young men have found that fame in Hollywood is fleeting. But Brad is still going strong all these years after his 1991 breakthrough turn in Thelma and Louise as a charming, thieving, romancing young drifter.
Today we are taking a trip down memory lane and looking for style inspiration from some of the best dressed men in Hollywood.